NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
These Official Rules are for the UPICKEM Football Contest (the "Contest"), which is a nationwide contest (including both the United States and Canada) Sponsored by Second Street Media Inc. ("Sponsor"). Local affiliates who choose to participate in this Contest may offer prizes for their participants only, but eligibility for these prizes may be restricted to individuals in the affiliate's local area.
Contest entries will be accepted beginning at 12:01 am ET on Sept 1, 2013. Entries will be accepted until the published cutoff time for each game as posted on the picks page of this website.
This Contest is not intended to be used for gambling purposes. If it is determined that a participant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 states of United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older, and legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are of legal age of majority in their province of residence, at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and participating affiliates (the "Promotion Parties"), and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouse) and households of each such employee are not eligible to participate. This contest is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO PLAY: Select the team that you will believe will be the winner of each pro football regular season and playoff game and predict the score for the winning and losing team for designated the tie-breaker game. You may enter your picks and score predictions until fifteen (15) minutes before the start of each game. If you fail to select a winner for any game, your pick will be the team that was selected by the majority of participants. However, you are not eligible to win a weekly prize if you fail to select a winner for more than one game in a given week, and you are not eligible to win the grand prize unless you complete your picks for each game for at least 11 weeks. The point value for selecting the winner of each game is as follows:
Regular Season Games – 1 point
Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Game – 4 points
Conference Finals – 8 points
Championship Game – 16 points
If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game.
The participant with the most points for each week of the pro football regular season will be deemed a weekly prize winner. The participant with the highest total "net score" at the end of the season will be deemed the grand prize winner. A participant's total "net score" will be determined by subtracting the participant's four (4) lowest weekly scores from his/her total score for all 21 weeks of the season and playoffs.
In the event of a tie for a weekly prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants: (a) the score from the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score from the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains, the tie breaker will be based on the lowest "Score Approximation" in the previous week, continuing thereafter to each previous week in order, as needed, to break the tie. In the event of a tie for the grand prize, the participant with the lowest total "Score Approximation" for week 21, the championship game, will be declared the winner, then working back through the Score Approximations for each of the preceding weeks.
"Pro Football Regular Season Survivor Game" Bonus Game
To play the Bonus Game Select the one team you are sure will win each week. If you pick correctly you advance to the next week. However, you can only pick each team to win one time. If a game results in a tie, it counts a win and player advances. If you guess wrong, you are still eligible to continue to participate in the main game. The player who makes it through the entire regular season will win the Bonus Game prize. If more than one player makes it through the entire regular season, the winner will be determined based on the total scores for each player through the end of the regular season, and if there is still a tie, then the last week tiebreaker will be used.
Participants with one wrong guess in the Survivor Game will be able to continue to play and are eligible for the second chance prize. Those with more than 2 wrong guesses can continue to play for fun.
Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Contest ends following the start of the pro football Championship Game.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email. All posted results are unofficial until winners are verified. If a winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the initial notification email, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest scoring participant. Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his/her state of residence (a resident of AL or NE who is 18 years of age) will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants.
4. PRIZES: Click here for prizes and the approximate retail values of each prize.
The Promotion Parties reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The Promotion Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and may be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
Weekly - One NFL themed Fathead of the winner's choosing will be provided to the winner (as specified above) by Fathead, LLC. The approximate retail value of the weekly prize is between $89 and $99.
Overall - The Grand Prize is a trip for two to Hawaii. Includes airfare from United States and 7 nights lodging in Maui valued at $5,000. Trip must be taken in 2014. Food, gratuity and incidentals not included. Cash prize of $5000 can be substituted for the trip.
Survivor - Overall: $500 Amazon Gift Card, 2nd Chance - $200 Amazon Gift Card, Drawing - $100 Amazon Gift Card
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: A participant grants to Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use and publish his/her proper name and state/province or residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By accepting a prize, a winner grants Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. Participants agree (a) to release and hold Sponsor, Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest; (b) that under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for any punitive, incidental or consequential damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website's terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or Contest plays, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
8. WINNERS: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Second Street Media, Inc., 317 N 11th Street, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO, 63101. Requests must be received by February 28, 2014.
This contest is sponsored by Second Street Media, Inc., 317 N 11th Street, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO, 63101.
UPICKEM is a trademark of Second Street Media, Inc. The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Contest website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Beat the Experts Pro Football Contest – Local Level
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Beat the Experts Pro Football Contestbegins on September 1, 2013 at 12:01 Central Time (“CT”) and ends on February 2, 2014 at the posted cut off time (“Promotion Period”). The time shall be determined by Sponsor’s timekeeping systems. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to this Contest. All times mentioned in these Official Rules are Central Standard Time unless expressly noted otherwise.
Open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and reside in Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky in the following counties in Indiana: Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Knox, Martin, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, Warrick; in Illinois: Clay, Crawford, Edwards, Gallatin, Hamilton, Lawrence, Richland, Saline, Wabash, Wayne, White; and in Kentucky: Crittenden, Daviess, Henderson, Hopkins, Lyon, Union, Webster. Void wherever prohibited by law. Employees of Evansville Courier Company, Inc., Wilson’s General Store & Café, Show-Me’s Restaurant & Bar, Town Square Furnishings, Greer’s Flooring America, (collectively, “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”) and the immediate family members (spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and/or those living in the same household of Sponsor or Sponsor Affiliates are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, go to www.courierpress.com/contest and follow the on-screen instructions to enter.All information you provide must be truthful, accurate and complete. Upon successfully submitting your entry to Sponsor as described above you will receive one (1) entry in the Contest.
Limit one entry per person and per household address. No mechanically reproduced entries of any kind permitted. Illegible and incomplete entries are void. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
HOW TO PLAY: Select the team that you will believe will be the winner of each pro football regular season and playoff games and predict the score for the winning and losing team for designated the tie-breaker game. You may enter your picks and score predictions until fifteen (15) minutes before the start of each game. If you fail to select a winner for any game, your pick will be the team that was selected by the majority of participants. However, you are not eligible to win a prize if you fail to select a winner for more than one game in a given week. You are not eligible to win the Grand Prize unless you complete your picks for each game for at least 11 weeks. Upickem national pro football contest rules may apply.
The point value for selecting the winner of each game is as follows:
Regular Season Games – 1 point
Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Game – 4 points
Conference Finals – 8 points
Championship Game – 16 points
If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game.
The participant with the highest total "net score" at the end of the season will be deemed the First Prize Winner. A participant's total "net score" will be determined by subtracting the participant's four (4) lowest weekly scores from his/her total score for all 21 weeks of the season and playoffs.
In the event of a tie for a prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants: (a) the score from the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score from the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains, the winner will be chosen at random from amongst those still tied. In the event of a tie for the grand prize, the participant with the lowest total "Score Approximation" for week 21, the championship game, will be declared the winner, then working back through the Score Approximations for each of the preceding weeks.
WINNER DETERMINATION: One (1) First Prize winner and one (1) Second Prize winner will be determined the Tuesday following all applicable games from all eligible entries received. The participant with the most points at the conclusion of the contest will be deemed the First Prize winner. The participant with the second highest points will be deemed the Second Prize winner. Additionally, one (1) Monthly winner will be selected by random drawing on or about 10/1/2013, 11/1/2013, 12/3/2013 and 1/2/2014 from all eligible entries received as of the date of the drawing, for a total of four (4) Monthly winners. Decisions of Sponsor are final on all matters. Limit one prize per person and per household address. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
PRIZES: One (1) First Prize – First Prize winner will receive one (1) La-Z-Boy recliner from Town Square Furnishings (ARV: $699). Size, color and style are to be determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion.
One (1) Second Prize – Second Prize winner will receive one (1) area rug from a selection of rugs to be determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, and an all floor cleaning kit from Greer’s Flooring America (Total ARV: $338);
Four (4) Monthly prizes – each Monthly Prize winner will receive one (1) $300 gift certificate to Show-Me’s Restaurants & Bars (ARV: $300/each).
Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No substitution or transfer/assignment of prize by winners permitted. Subject to all terms, conditions and restrictions on face of gift card or imposed by issuer.If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held to award the advertised number of prizes in the relevant category. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded. Prizes are awarded "AS IS." Winner will need to travel to Sponsor location to pick up prizes after prize paperwork is completed.
Federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees and expenses not listed above as specifically included as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. An IRS form 1099 and other tax-related forms and documents may be issued by Sponsor if required by law.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RELEASES: On or around February 3, 2014, Sponsor shall notify the potential winner(s). The potential prize winner(s) will be contacted via email. If a potential winner does not respond after the first attempted contact from Sponsor within seven (7) days of the initial notification email, he or she will be disqualified and the prize awarded to the next highest scoring participant. The potential prize winner(s) may be asked to provide confirmation that he or she is the owner of the relevant email address. Each potential winner may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a scan or photo of legal ID, Release of Liability and/or, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release and also to have any companion(s) that will participate in the prize activities, if applicable, return the same documentation before claiming the prize or being allowed to participate in any prize activities.If any of the potential winner or the companion(s), if applicable, is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence, then the parent or legal guardian of the minor potential winner or companion(s) must sign and return all required forms.All forms must be postmarked within 10 days of the date on notification materials if return is requested via mail or forms must be completed before receipt of any prize if prizes are picked up in person. Noncompliance within this time period and/or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winners’ name, voice, statements, image and likeness for purposes of advertising and trade, in any medium, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
LIABILITY RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION:By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Sponsor Affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to, your participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities (including, without limitation, any event attended as part of a prize) and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder (including, without limitation, any misrepresentation made by the entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes; any non-compliance by the entrant with these Official Rules; claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Official Rules arising from or related to the entrant’s involvement with the Sweepstakes; acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Contest; any malfunction, error or other problem arising in connection with the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winner). The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claim for personal injury, property loss or damage, or death arising in any way in connection with the Sweepstakes.
OTHER TERMS: Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any prize or in the administration of the promotion, whether caused by computer, technical or human error. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, faulty, or incorrect transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, any damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the online portion of the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the promotion whether caused by computer, technical or human error. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion or any portion of it for any reason, including but not limited to, if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the promotion; or if a computer virus, bug, wireless failure, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the promotion as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, freeze or prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Official Rules. Any attempt to undermine the operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal & civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and/or seek damages from any individual making any such attempts to the full extent permitted by law.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION:EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY IN THE COURTS OF OHIO LOCATED IN HAMILTON COUNTY, OHIO, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS PROMOTION, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and sponsors in connection with the promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Ohio or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio. The courts of Ohio in Hamilton County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Ohio in Hamilton County and waive the right to contest jurisdiction.
SEVERABILITY:If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
WINNERS LIST: For the winner name(s), available after February 6, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Beat the Experts Pro Football Contest Winner List, Evansville Courier & Press Marketing Department, 300 East Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713 to be received by April 6, 2014.
SPONSORS: Evansville Courier Company, Inc., 300 E. Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713; Town Square Furnishings, 3799 Indiana 62, Boonville, IN 47601; Greer's Flooring America, 2201 Covert Avenue, Evansville, IN 47714; Show-Me's Restaurant & Bar, 5501 Pearl Drive, Evansville, IN 47712; Wilson's General Store & Café, 11120 Broadway Avenue, Evansville, IN 47712.